To report any absence, please email email@example.com or call 425-936-2691 by 9:00 a.m.
Attendance is important. We want to encourage and support your student in attending and participating in class each day. Teaching and learning begin promptly at 8:50 a.m. each morning. Please arrive at the school no later than 8:45 a.m. Attendance includes arriving to school on time. Arriving even five minutes late impacts your child’s education and disrupts the education of the other students in the class.
You do not need to notify the teacher. All attendance questions or concerns can be answered by attendance secretary, Stephanie Cullen, at RushES@lwsd.org.
Types of Absences
Excused absences: illness, Covid-19 exposure, medical appointments, religious observance, family emergencies, and travel.
Unexcused absences: oversleeping, missing the bus, traffic congestion, and weather/road conditions.
Extended absences: If your child will miss five or more days, you must fill out an extended absence form. These are available upon request at RushES@lwsd.org.
Prolonged absences: Students missing over 20 consecutive school days will be unenrolled.
Per state law, elementary schools are required to meet with parents/guardians when an elementary student has five absences for any reason in a month or ten absences over the course of the year. Covid-related absences do not apply.
Parents and guardians can help support regular attendance by:
- Avoiding extended vacations that require your children to miss school.
- Trying to line up vacations and doctor’s appointments with the school’s schedule.
- Setting a regular bedtime and morning routine allowing for 9 to 11 hours of sleep for younger students and 8 to 10 hours of sleep for older students.
- Laying out clothes and packing backpacks the night before to make your morning routines run more smoothly.
- While attendance is very important, please keep your child home if they have any Covid-like symptoms and can not pass attestation.